This article will explain how to use the test network options of the device.
TEST NETWORK OPTIONS:
1. SNMP Trap Test Manager 1
2. SNMP Trap Test Manager 2
3. SNMP Trap Test Manager 3
4. SNMP Trap Test Manager 4
5. Syslog Test
The test network option can be accessed by issuing a "/test" at the units command prompt.
Options 1-4 will test the SNMP Managers previously defined under the network parameters. (/N then select SNMP Trap)
Below is an example of the SNMP TRAP Configuration
SNMP TRAP: IPv4
Note: The SNMP trap feature is enabled by defining at least one manager.
1. Manager 1: 22.214.171.124
2. Manager 2: 126.96.36.199
3. Manager 3: (undefined)
4. Manager 4: (undefined)
5. Community: public
6. Trap Version: V1
7. V3 Trap Engine ID: (undefined)
8. Ping Test
* Note: You may also run a ping test directly from this menu.
* Selecting Option 1 for SNMP Trap Test Manager 1 will send a trap to the address you have defined for manager 1. In the example above it would send a trap to 188.8.131.52
Option 5 in the TEST NETWORK Options will test the the addresses previously defined for syslog address under the network parameters. (/N then select SYSLOG Addr)
Below is a screen shot of the SYSLOG configuration screen. *Note you may also run a Ping test directly from this menu.
SYSLOG ADDR: IPv4
1. Syslog Network Address 1: 184.108.40.206
2. Syslog Network Address 2: 220.127.116.11
3. Syslog Network Address 3: (undefined)
4. Syslog Network Address 4: (undefined)
5. Ping Test
*Selecting Option 1 for SYSLOG Nework Address 1 will send a trap to the address you have defined for manager 1. In the example above it would send a trap to 18.104.22.168
Option 6 for the TEST NETWORK Options screen is PING.
Selecting the option for ping will allow you to ping out of our device to any network address or domain name that you input in the entry field.
Enter network address to ping.
Numeric IP address ddd.ddd.ddd.ddd
domain name up to 64 characters.
Non-printables, ", /, \, <SPACE> *, +, <, >, &, | are NOT allowed.
Enter: <SPACE><CR> to clear
<text><CR> to change
<ESC> to return to previous menu