Our Five by Five limited Warranty is designed to ensure that our products continue to solve problems and serve your needs for years and years after you purchase them.
WTI's five year limited warranty is one of the best in the industry in terms of longevity, and it also covers these five critical points:
- Free Parts: No charge for parts that fail due to defects in manufacturing.
- Free Labor: No charge for labor to correct issues caused by defects in manufacturing.
- Free Support (US Based): Our qualified support technicians are located on-site at WTI corporate headquarters in Irvine, California (right down the hall from our engineering staff.) When you need quick solutions to complex service issues, our entire technical and engineering staff is available to help ... and we won't pass you off to some call center on the other side of the globe.
- Free Firmware Patches: Free firmware patches to ensure that your WTI product is running the most up-to-date firmware version available.
- Fast Replacement Delivery: If your WTI unit fails due to defects in manufacturing or materials within the original warranty period and we determine that it must be replaced, WTI can have a replacement unit shipped within 24 hours.
Obviously, our warranty doesn't cover damage caused by accidents and misuse (e.g., spilled coffee, lightning strikes or use as a boat anchor,) but in the unlikely event that the unit fails due to defects in materials or manufacturing, you can count on WTI to repair and return your WTI unit quickly and at no additional cost.
Western Telematic products are warranted free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of (5) years from the date they are shipped to the customer. WTI's sole obligation under this warranty is limited to replacing, repairing, or correcting such defects upon return to WTI. Equipment under warranty will normally be repaired at no charge to the customer. If the equipment is out of warranty, or if WTI determines that the repair or service was made necessary by accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, improper installation, modifications, fire, theft, acts of God, power failures, surges, spikes or electric short circuits, lightning or use outside the stated operating parameters of the product, then the appropriate charges will be made.
The customer shall prepay transportation charges to WTI. For items from overseas, the customer is responsible for all duties, taxes and customs fees. WTI will return items under warranty prepaid via FedEx Ground, domestic or overseas. For even quicker replacement of your gear, see our 2-Year Advance Replacement option.
Before returning materials to WTI, the customer must first request a return authorization number. The RA number must be affixed to all materials returned and on the outside of the shipping container. An RA number will be assigned after submitting a Return Authorization Request form.
WTI will not be responsible to the user in contract, in tort (including negligence,) strict liability or otherwise for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damage or loss of equipment, plant or power system, cost of capital, loss of profits or revenues, cost of replacement power, additional expenses in the use of existing software, hardware, equipment or facilities or claims against the user by its employees or customers resulting from the use of information, recommendations, descriptions and safety notations supplied by WTI. WTI liability is limited (at its election) to:
- Refund of buyer's purchase price for affected products (without interest.)
- Repair or replacement of products, provided that the buyer follows the procedure described above.